Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Tomorrow is The Day

Tomorrow we sell our condo and buy a house, all within the span of about three hours. I've been packing like crazy, while still trying to keep my kids happy. Really, it's been a pretty good week, aside from one or two moments where I was so overwhelmed that I wanted to just crawl into a hole until September.

Today I got enough done that I decided we needed a break and I took the kids to the pool after naptime. It was great fun, and both of them were loving it. (Josiah sometimes isn't so sure of the water, but today he was all smiles.) As we swam, with the pool completely to ourselves, my mind kept coming back to all the little things that I will miss when we move. Today, it was primarily the pool! But I also thought about the great expanse of green grass in view from our windows where Lucy loves to play with her neighborhood friends. And the friends themselves.

I've been so excited to move into our new house! The more I tell people about it, the more I can hardly wait to settle in. But inevitably, change is hard, and as reality settles in, the sentimental side of me peeks through the cracks of my excitement. I'm just hoping I can hold it all together through our hours of closings tomorrow.

1 comment:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Yes! It's the bitter sweet things about moving! I have also been there in those moments of saying goodbye and hello to a new adventure with deep joy and sadness at what will never be again...

Thank goodness the Lord has given us sweet memories to cherish forever!! :)

Hang in there and congrats!! :)