Friday, April 3, 2009

My favorite time of day

I am soooooo happy that both my kids are good snugglers! I don't know what I'd do if they weren't. But as they get older, those times of snuggling become less frequent, more brief.

I'm starting to see this with Josiah. My baby is becoming a little boy. That's why bedtime has become my favorite time of the day.

At 20 months, he is a very active boy, but he still has his moments when he wants to snuggle. It usually starts with his thumb in his mouth and his spare arm raised for me to pick him up.

And then he puts his head on my shoulder.

When he's hurt, he points to the rocking chair, which apparently is the healer of all wounds, bumps, and bruises. When he's tired, he points to the hallway where he knows the stairs are, so I will take him up to bed.

And when I'm lucky, he points to the big blue chair in his bedroom. That used to be his request to nurse, but recently it has come to mean, "Mommy, I'm not ready to be done snuggling yet. That looks like the perfect spot for us to sit together for just a few more minutes..."

*sigh*

It's usually over all too soon (for me), when he picks his head up and points to his crib to be laid down. But those few moments of peace, quiet, and snuggling are the best. That's why it's my favorite time of day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful. I love that Edie is starting to lay her head on my shoulder. So sweet!--Cessy

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

PRECIOUS!! So glad that you took the time and energy to record this, too! :)