Thursday, April 15, 2010

Late night delusions

It goes without saying that I've been up a lot during the night lately. Having a new baby in the house means lots of wakefulness at odd hours.

The other night while I was up cuddling with my new little bundle of joy, with my hubby softly snoring beside me, I heard what I believed to be illegal activity going on in our neighborhood. I snapped quickly from my drowsy state into wide-eyed alertness, wondering if I should be calling the police to report these shenanigans.

In my sleep-deprived state, it sounded distinctly like there were drag races going on outside on our street. I was sure of it.

I listened for a bit, not knowing exactly what to do. But my sleep-deprived body took over, and the next thing I knew I was waking up to silence. I knew I had to tell my husband in the morning, and he would help me decide what to do if it happened again.

A few nights later, my sweet hubby was up, changing a diaper, and he heard it, too. He went to investigate (by looking out a window, go figure) to find the culprit:


Yes, our milk delivery truck sounds like a hot rod.

And apparently they deliver our milk at 2:00 a.m. Ugh.

3 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

:) HA HA HA!!! :) Thanks for this laugh!! I really needed this!!

P.S. Check out my blog for our latest news! :)

Mo said...

Whose to say they're still not partaking in drag races and other illegal activity? I hear milk men are quite the rowdy crowd... :)

Peggy Zeman said...

Kelly~ John recounted this tale this morning in the breakroom to our staff. We all had a good laugh. He sent me your blog to read. Oh... I remember those sleep-deprived late nights all too well. LOVE your photo of the kids with drooling Adam. So precious! ~Peggy Z