Wednesday, June 2, 2010

On why I don't use the phone

I wish I had my video camera handy tonight. Or at least a witness. But I'll try to paint the picture for you...

John wasn't home yet, and I was working on getting dinner together.

Adam was crying (simply because this is the fussy time of day for my two-and-a-half month old baby).

Josiah was in his own little world, playing with his cars and singing 'Mary Had A Little Lamb' at the top of his lungs.

Lucy decided that this was THE moment she just HAD to explain something to me about the game she was playing on the computer. In a voice loud enough to be heard over both of her brothers.

And I just busted out laughing. How could I help it? This is my life. And I love it. I love my little noise-makers.

But next time you try to call me, realize that this is probably what's happening on the other end. Which is why I most likely will not answer.

Give me a year or three and I'll call you back.

2 comments:

Teresa Dawn said...

Talking to your kids instead of talking on the phone will pay off big time in the long run! I'm not a huge phone fan myself haha.

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Amen and AMEN!!!

OH how I can relate!! And I only have 2.5 kids at the moment!