Saturday, April 30, 2011

Spring is here?

Did you think that I was going to turn an entire page on the calendar without a blog post? Yeah, I did too. But since it's the last day of April, I thought I'd at least share a few Spring-like photos from last weekend.

Since we woke up this morning to an inch of fresh snowfall covering the ground, I'm not so sure that I'm willing to let myself be hopeful that Spring has actually arrived. However, since we typically have snow on Easter here in Colorado, I was delighted that the weather last weekend was much nicer than we anticipated. (It's the first year ever that my nearly-seven-year-old daughter has not worn white tights and a white sweater with her Easter dress!)

Our dear friends invited us, along with about twenty others, to join their family for Easter brunch. They not only opened their home to us, but also their backyard, for an egg hunt.

Their yard is full of budding trees and blooming flowers, and their lawn is already a beautiful lush green carpet of grass. I enjoyed watching Adam's first real exposure to this new texture.

But I'm pretty sure he didn't enjoy it as much as we enjoyed watching his bewilderment. He kind of had a "get me off this stuff" look on his face, and wouldn't crawl because that meant he had to actually touch it. *gasp*

And then of course we made our usual attempt at getting all three kids in one holiday photo.

Aren't they sweet?

And...we're done.

1 comment:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Beautiful pictures of your kids -- they are SO cute! They've grown so much since the last batch of pics! :) Always great to see them again too!