Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Gray

I accidentally left my sunglasses at home today, and while I was driving I caught a glimpse of myself in the rear view mirror--an angle that I don't normally see because of my sunglasses, I suppose.

I saw something white just above my ear that looked like it was one of my own hairs.

That's funny, I thought. It must be a reflection of the sun, or just a really blond hair.

At a second glance, I saw several more somethings, all DEFINITELY white.

This can't be possible, I panicked to myself. I'm only 33! And I've always said I will never color my hair when it starts to turn gray! I tried to calm down and decided I'd just have to look a little closer when I got home.

The mirror at home had the same story to tell.

I've been toying with the idea of a major hair cut, and in doing so I'd like to donate the length of it to Locks of Love again, like I did a few years ago. I mean, if I'm going to do it, I might as well make it drastic and for a good cause! So after my initial woe-is-me wore off, I realized that I need to do it soon, because they can't use gray hair to make wigs for little girls!

No comments: