Monday, March 1, 2010

Ready... Set...

...WAIT!

The car seat is in the van.
Our bag is packed.
The hospital has been toured and the trip timed (40 minutes -- yikes!).
The camera is charged and ready.
The guest room is (finally!) all put together.
Tiny neutral baby clothes are washed in Dreft and neatly folded in the nursery.
Tiny pink and blue baby clothes are sorted into two piles and ready to be washed.
Big brother is (finally!) napping in his own bed instead of the crib.
The closet is abundantly stocked with diapers and wipes, soaps and lotions, burp cloths and wash cloths. (Thanks to my fabulous friends!)
The bassinet is our the bedroom.
Braxton Hicks are growing stronger.
Nights are growing more uncomfortable.
We are all growing more eager to meet baby.

And now?
We WAIT.

Oh, but in the meantime, I get to pass the time with what I do believe has to be my very favorite 'baby gift.' From my hubby:

Oh yes, he did. (And to those who know my hubby, you will not find it surprising in the least that he got a screamin' deal on it. Otherwise it simply would not be sitting on my kitchen counter.)

2 comments:

barlow said...

how do you rotate pics on blogs...for the life of me i can't get it right...

love the easter pics!!

i've stuck with crocheting...my next endeavor is a tote bag made with plastic bags...

Mo said...

I have the utmost respect and admiration to you for not finding out the sex of your baby early. I'm currently 28 weeks along. I thought at first that I wanted to wait to find out, but I discovered by about week 5 that I definitely did not possess the discipline or will power for such a feat. I'm impressed.