Sunday, September 28, 2008

All gone!

For the sake of my family and friends, please indulge this photo display of Josiah's first haircut. John convinced me that I could do a good job, so this afternoon I gave it a shot, making a deal with him that if I completely botched it, I could take him to someone professional. It was a bit of a three-ring circus, with all three of us working to keep him still and/or distracted, but in the end it turned out not so bad. He badly needed it, but it has definitely made him lose that 'baby' look in exchange for that of a little boy.


BEFORE the cut: my shaggy baby and his mullet, with a look that says "What are you going to do? And why are you holding those scissors?"


In several places, I cut off FOUR inches! A lot of the 'strawberry' red is now gone. :(


Lucy handed Josiah teddy grahams and a sippy cup of water to help distract and keep him somewhat still.


His thumb helped, too. Toward the end he sat more still, so I didn't have to do quite so many acrobatic moves to get at the right angles.


A view from the back.


"Please, can we be done now?"


After a bath and some dinner, he's looking pretty stylish. Oh, and he was so happy to know that, even with all that hair gone, his milk cup can still balance on the top of his head.

2 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

WAY TOO CUTE!!! :)

Great work! I'm so impressed with you! You are a woman of many talents!

We missed you today at the shower for Cessy!

Melissa said...

I was so sad when Parker got his first haircut, so I know how you feel. They go from mama's baby to big boy in a matter of minutes.

He does look adorable though.

Great job on cutting it. I never trusted myself to do either of my kids.