Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Help! Knitting is taking over my life!

Okay, that's probably an exaggeration. But it might be fair to say that yarn is taking over my personal spending budget. At least it's cheap! After I perfected (and got bored with) the knit stitch, I went back to the internet and learned its counterpart, the purl. Now I officially know the two kinds of stitches required to knit just about anything. Not that I can, but I'm working on it.

Here is my very first project, completed. It's pretty stiff, so I'm not sure I'll actually wear it, but I do love the colors.
I got this sweet, soft baby pink and made a headband for Lucy. I'm also working on a scarf with the same yarn, at her request.
And my grumpy darling, modeling this super fluffy soft red scarf, which I actually do plan to wear. Might have to make him one of his own since he enjoys snuggling with mine...This fat yarn was irresistible in bright orange, and it makes the project go so much faster because it's so fat. Did I mention it was fat?
I'm a beginner, but I'm enjoying it. It's fun to find and experiment with different types and textures of yarn, to use different sizes of needles, and to figure out how some beautiful patterns are made. I'm enjoying meeting my need to create while at the same time sitting on my duff on the couch.

And the best part is that I can relax, create, and feel the little bitty baby movements going on inside my belly (that I miss out on when I'm too busy and active) all at the same time. I have to admit, this is the way to craft.

No comments: