Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A random collection

I thought I would post a few pictures from this past month or so before the next holiday comes along or the seasons change yet again.

Our first dusting of snow, while the leaves were still changing color (and still ON the trees).

Our resident deer family regularly walks behind our house in the fall and winter. Two new fawns have been accompanying the other dozen in recent weeks, and we often catch them hopping our fence early in the morning.

Playtime after the October snowstorm. Something we love about Colorado: the snow is beautiful, but when the sun comes out it's back to short sleeves. Needless to say, this poor snowman didn't last long.

Joey learned the joy of puddle stomping as the snow rapidly melted. It was the first time he didn't complain about wearing his boots. In fact, he wanted to wear them everywhere, all day.

You saw the kids in their costumes in my last post, but here's our whole family at our church's fall festival, Neewallah Palooza. John decided the night before to dress up as Coach McDaniels, so I had to come up with something. A cat-ears headband and a cheap black eyeliner for my nose and whiskers was my big costume investment this year, though Joey kept calling me Mickey Mouse.

We had a very special visit from my dearest friend Cessy and her darling little Edie Pearl while John was out of the country. What a sweet time of just being together and enjoying the days! Edie loved the fringe on the scarf I made for Cessy.

Believe it or not, this is the only picture I got with all three kids.

Here's what happens when two friends finally get the kids in bed and collapse on the couch, catching up and telling stories, without setting the timer for the cookies in the oven. Fifty-five minutes later, I wasn't sure if we couldn't breath from the smoke or from laughing so hard. A memory that was well worth opening all the doors and windows on a 40-degree night at 10pm!

And one of my favs from this fall. Love those fall colors!

1 comment:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

So glad you had special time with Ces and Edie! I know they enjoyed every moment with ya'll too! :)