Saturday, September 18, 2010

History

Shortly after my resolve to post more frequently, we left town on a spontaneous road trip to Chicago. My hubby’s grandmother passed away on Sunday, and we went to be with the rest of his family to celebrate her life. In four days, we spent less than 48 hours at our destination and more than 36 hours in the minivan.

With three kids.

Including a 6-month-old.

And as exhausting as it was, it was so worth it.

It was worth it to be able to share hugs, tears, stories, laughter, and family history. It was a rich time of celebration and reflection on the life of a wise and whimsical woman.

But it was also worth it for these:

We were given stacks of photos of my husband as a baby and child. Neither of us had seen most of these.

Although they did look shockingly familiar.

Let me show you what I mean. Here's is my husband, back in the 70's:

And here is a photo from last month of my sweet baby boy, Adam:

(These are not my best photos of him, but I'm glad now that I have them for comparison sake.)

Okay, let's take one more look at dear hubby as a baby boy:

And Adam again:

The resemblance. Uncanny, wouldn't you say?

They say history repeats itself...

1 comment:

Susan said...

Oh my goodness... they are the spitting image of each other!!