Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Pumpkin Season

Ahhh, Autumn. I've been catching short glimpses of my favorite season in the past few weeks. Though our days here are still quite warm, the coolness of the early mornings and the crisp breeze in the evenings tells me that change is on the way.

It's almost time for caramel apples, turning leaves, jeans and sweatshirts, corn mazes, spiced apple cider, and flannel sheets.

And it's definitely time to crack this baby open once again.


I looooove everything pumpkin. Pumpkin dip with ginger snaps and apples, pumpkin pie, pumpkin bread with pecans, pumpkin muffins with chocolate chips, pumpkin spice lattes, pumpkin soup, pumpkin pancakes with maple syrup.

I could go on, but I don't want to short out my keyboard by drooling too much.

I'm starting to worry about another canned pumpkin shortage this year. My grocery store was either sold out or hiding it when I went to stock up this week. I did pause for a moment by the real pumpkins, but I'm way too busy (read: lazy) to do the whole cooking-a-real-pumpkin thing for my baked goodies. If I reach desperation, it may come to that, but for now I'm grateful for the few extra cans I bought this summer in salivating anticipation.

Pumpkin paradise, here I come!

1 comment:

Robin said...

I hear ya, sister! I swiped my first 2 cans of the season today at King Soopers. $1.79 seemed a little pricey... but there were only a few left so I figured it was worth it! If you get really desperate, maybe I'll share :o)