Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The glass is...

This morning I was passed by a car with the license plate "HALFFUL." It made me smile and was an encouragement to spend my day looking through eyes of gratitude. I decided to write things down (on my shopping list pad on the refrigerator) throughout my day that made me smile or that I am thankful for. The day was not without its challenges, but this simple practice certainly did make it seem a whole lot better than it could have been. I thought I'd share part of my list with you:

Just a few of the many things I have to be thankful for today:
  • My son fell back to sleep beside me this morning, giving me an extra hour of sleep (and some sweet cuddle time)
  • Good, strong coffee
  • Not having to wear socks for the first time in months
  • Being greeted by blue skies and a blooming dogwood tree outside our front door
  • Two glorious hours at my Bible study
  • My sister-in-law who watched Josiah to make the above possible
  • Lucy's Bible study teachers who greet her with smiles and open arms
  • Coordinated afternoon naps!
  • Hand-me-downs
  • Lucy singing Away in a Manger and Joy to the World at the top of her lungs with no regard that Christmas is still 245 days away
  • My husband's friendships with men of good quality (and that he could go enjoy the Rockies/Cubs game with them tonight)
  • Josiah sitting quietly and happily on the floor and playing while I ate my entire dinner!
  • Sharing a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie with Lucy before bedtime
  • More chocolate chip cookies just for me after she was in bed :)
  • A few moments of peace and quiet to reflect and blog
Is your glass half full? Tonight I feel like mine is far more than that.

3 comments:

Kennedy Krew said...

I'm with you girl! We are so blessed!

Mommymeepa said...

Thanks for the great reminder to stop and smell the flowers.

madsonfamily@mac.com said...

Right on!!! :) Thank you!!! Well said!!