Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The glass is...

This morning I was passed by a car with the license plate "HALFFUL." It made me smile and was an encouragement to spend my day looking through eyes of gratitude. I decided to write things down (on my shopping list pad on the refrigerator) throughout my day that made me smile or that I am thankful for. The day was not without its challenges, but this simple practice certainly did make it seem a whole lot better than it could have been. I thought I'd share part of my list with you:

Just a few of the many things I have to be thankful for today:
  • My son fell back to sleep beside me this morning, giving me an extra hour of sleep (and some sweet cuddle time)
  • Good, strong coffee
  • Not having to wear socks for the first time in months
  • Being greeted by blue skies and a blooming dogwood tree outside our front door
  • Two glorious hours at my Bible study
  • My sister-in-law who watched Josiah to make the above possible
  • Lucy's Bible study teachers who greet her with smiles and open arms
  • Coordinated afternoon naps!
  • Hand-me-downs
  • Lucy singing Away in a Manger and Joy to the World at the top of her lungs with no regard that Christmas is still 245 days away
  • My husband's friendships with men of good quality (and that he could go enjoy the Rockies/Cubs game with them tonight)
  • Josiah sitting quietly and happily on the floor and playing while I ate my entire dinner!
  • Sharing a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie with Lucy before bedtime
  • More chocolate chip cookies just for me after she was in bed :)
  • A few moments of peace and quiet to reflect and blog
Is your glass half full? Tonight I feel like mine is far more than that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you girl! We are so blessed!

Melissa said...

Thanks for the great reminder to stop and smell the flowers.

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Right on!!! :) Thank you!!! Well said!!