Thursday, May 1, 2008

When It Rains

That's right, it pours! You know the old adage. Well, when it comes to my new Etsy shop nothing could be more true. BrownEyedPeas has been open for business for just a month now, and I've had an amazing amount of business and interest. It's been a wonderful blessing, and it's keeping me busy!

On Tuesday of this week, I dropped off my first consignment order. I took 30 pieces to a store in the Denver Highlands -- a very quaint and historic little area of town. This fun little boutique called Love Your Earth (at 41st and Tennyson) specializes in locally made goods, and everything they sell is either organic or recycled. (My Scrabble tile pendants fall into the latter category, obviously.) It was just such an honor to have Angie, the store owner, contact me after she saw my shop, and then to have my stuff displayed there with all these other neat and artsy things!

Besides that, my Custom Photo Pendants have been a HUGE hit with Mother's Day coming. I've been having so much fun creating these tiny adornments with some of the cutest kids and pets on them. I love to imagine these ladies opening the tiny little box and being so delighted at what they see. I love to imagine them being able to wear them and show off their loved ones with joy.

Just had a few minutes to squeeze in an update here. Now it's back to the craft table!

2 comments:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

SO FUN!!! Next time I'm in Denver, I am going to that great shop that sells your cute things!! Can't wait! I'll give you a heads-up and perhaps we could meet up there too! :)

Jess said...

I love your beautiful creations. Way to go girl.