Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy 1st Birthday to my Baby Boy!

A year ago we welcomed sweet baby Josiah into our family. Look how precious and tiny he was that first day, weighing in at 7 lb 1oz!

We had a very relaxing day today, and I spent some time reminiscing about how everything went on the day of his birth... How I woke up feeling like I was going to be pregnant forever (even though I still had 10 days until my due date), and how the contractions I was having at noon were 20 minutes apart and not very intense... how John finally came home at 3:30 because I told him my back hurt and I could use a rub, and how he finally convinced me to finish packing and get in the car... how I cried as I said goodbye to Lucy when our friend picked her up, and how I thought it could be days until I saw her again... how I became unable to make phone calls on the way to the hospital (during rush hour) because I had to start to focus on breathing, and how we got to the hospital at 5:15 p.m. and had to check in at the ER... how the hallway down to the delivery rooms seemed miles long, and how I barely had time to get into the gown... how it seemed like an eternity until my midwife arrived from the building nextdoor (though John says he couldn't believe how fast she got there), and how less than 10 minutes later, at 6:18 p.m., we were holding our baby boy!

And look at him today! Today we celebrate a very fast and very fun year with our bundle of snuggles and lovin' -- our sweet Joey.

1 comment:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Oh MY Word, he's SO cute!!! :) Happy birthday, sweet boy!! I want to hold him!!