Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rejoice with us!

After 44 days on the market and what feels like a gazillion showings, we are under contract to sell our condo!

We've had an increase in traffic this past week with several showings each day over the last few days, and then... yesterday we got an offer. This morning we counter-offered, and we were hopeful, though we fully expected that we'd go back and forth several times like this over the course of the next few days. We were hugely pleased when our super-dee-duper agent called us back an hour later and said we have a signed contract!

There are still some things that need to fall into place, so until we all sign our names repeatedly on those many dotted lines, it's not a done deal. But it's in process, and we are indeed excited! Particularly, I'm excited that I don't have to spend an extra hour cleaning each time I walk out the door!

Now begins the extremely fun and stressful part of finding our family another home. As I looked to the Bible for some encouragement in the face of this task, I found this:

"My people will live in peaceful dwelling places,
in secure homes,
in undisturbed places of rest."
Isaiah 32:18

Okay, so this was written to the nation of Israel, and I'm seeking promises for my family... I still found comfort in these words and know that God has taken care of us this far and He will continue to be present with us as we move.

Tonight, I celebrate by leaving dirty dishes in the sink. Tomorrow, we pull the baby gate out of storage.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! I'm so excited for you guys!! What a fun time in your life!

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

Praise the Lord!!! :)

Love the verse! Hang in there and hold on tight for the next ride the Lord will take you on!

Exciting indeed!!

Heart and Hands said...

YEAH!! I'm so happy for you all. Great job keeping up your house with 2 small children. Running in and out...I've been amazed reading about all the work of daily life with your house on the market.

I really liked that verse and agree it's one you can pray for your family.