Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Reflection

This week marks six months since Josiah spent some time in Children's Hospital, giving us all a good fright. In some ways it doesn't seem like it could have been that long ago, and in other ways I feel like it is so far behind us!

But six months is a long time when you are only 21 months old...

I spent some time earlier this week looking at our November photos at marveling at how far he has come since then. From those first few days when his mysterious fever had my instincts on edge, to my four nights by his side in the hospital, a long recovery at home, seeing him smile again, and finally reflecting on God's goodness through that painful time.

Not a single day goes by -- and I mean that in the most literal sense -- that I don't thank God for his little life, and for entrusting Joey to our care for as many days as He sees fit.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen. I love your perspective and wisdom. Cessy

Becky Hansen said...

How great is our God!

Melissa Taylor said...

We just returned from the hospital with our four year old - a seizure. It's so scary, isn't it! The only thing you can do is trust God. Although, some moments are tougher than others . . .

Melissa
www.imaginationsoup.net
www.meltay.wordpress.com